I've been out of the Blogger space for pretty much the whole year. I've been very busy at work, at home, but specially with my PS3. Tons of games, not a lot of time.
Anyways, I've been quiet all this year not because I don't have anything to "talk" about, but rather because I couldn't find some time to sit down and write about some random things people love to read online. But right now there is no excuse. I'm on vacations now, so I decided to drop some lines about what happened to me during this 2011 that is about to end.
- On January, I found a job! WOOHOO! I started as a 3D animator at Frima Studios, a not-so-small independent video game company located here, in the beautiful Quebec City.
- Once I had a more "stable" job (I don't really think anyone has a stable job nowadays...), my wife and I decided to settle permanently in Quebec. Wonderful city (except for the snow, the wind, and the cold... but wonderful non the less) and a great place to raise a child (or children, we haven't decided yet).
- Worked for several demos and proofs-of-concepts until I landed in the Skylanders: Online game, which you can try here. Great game for kids, I really recommend it.
- After that project, my old bosses at Ubisoft Quebec decided it was time for me to come back. So, I'm back! I was re-hired by Ubisoft during December, which is super cool since the project I'm working on is super cool too!
- I couldn't finish a new version of my demo reel, which sucks! That was one of my objectives this 2011, but I've been very busy at home and at work. Most of the time I leave work without any inspiration to keep working at home.
- That's about it.
So, putting everything in the balance, I can say with confidence that this agonizing 2011 was a really good year!
New objectives for this 2012:
- New Demo REEL! New Demo REEL! New Demo REEL! New Demo REEL! New Demo REEL! New Demo REEL! New Demo REEL!
- No, seriously, I have to finish a new version of my demo reel. I've come up with some cool ideas so hopefully I'll have more time to execute them.
- Learn as much as I can from the peers around me. Now that I'm at Ubi, I'll be learning a lot more since the pool talent is much more diverse.
Finally, I want to wish everyone out there the best wishes for the 2012, and that love, peace and health will always be with you!
Happy New 2012!
P.S.- I've just realized that this is my first post for 2011!! LOL!